Thursday 27 October 2016

Want This Loveless Marriage To End – Woman Tells Agege Customary Court Tweet

I Want This Loveless Marriage To
End – Woman Tells Agege Customary Court
“My husband is irresponsible; he has turned me
into a punching bag, I am no longer interested in
the union,’’ a 30-year-old housewife, Mariam
Akeem, told a Lagos court on Thursday.
“I want the loveless marriage dissolved,’’ she
pleaded with an Agege Customary Court.
Mariam, a mother of one, who resides at Abule-
Egba, a Lagos suburb, said she regretted
marrying Iyanu Moses, a 36-year-old
businessman, for seven years.
She said she had not studied her husband well
before she discovered that she was pregnant.
“I want us to go our separate ways and l want
him to take full responsibility for our child’s
education.
“My husband is troublesome and he constantly
beats me over minor issues.’’
The petitioner’s mother, Mrs Doris Akeem, who
was present in the court, said the respondent had
been very troublesome.
“l tried to stop the relationship until my daughter
became pregnant for him.’’
Iyanu, however, denied the allegations, accusing
the wife of infidelity.
He pleaded with the court not to dissolve the
marriage, saying “I am still in love with my wife.’’
Mr Philip Williams, the court’s President, advised
the estranged couple especially the petitioner to
be submissive and warned the husband not to lift
his hand against his wife again.
He adjourned the case to Nov. 24 for a possible
mediation and reconciliation.

No comments:

Post a Comment