Sunday 30 October 2016

Patience Ozokwor speaks about her wicked roles in movies

– Patience Ozokwor speaks about her wicked
roles in movies, family, career and legacy
– Mama G revealed how she got married at
a young age of 19 and enjoyed marital bliss
till her husband suddenly became ill
Veteran actress, Patience Ozokwor, better
known as ‘Mama Gee’ has spoken on how
she got married at 19, enjoyed matrimony
until her husband’s ailment which claimed
his life after 15 years.
In an interview with Lanre Odukoya, the
thespian opened up about family, career and
legacy.
Speaking about her late husband, she said,
“he was a mechanical engineer, he was a
civil servant in Enugu, he was sick for a long
time, for more than 15 years and he died, he
passed on in 2002.
On her experience as a single mother, “I
cannot complain because God has been
faithful. You know what it means to be
married to a man who would later take ill for
15 years? He was in and out of coma and
when you get out of coma, there’s no way
you would be as strong as you were.
So, I got quite used to doing things alone by
the help of Al-mighty God, when my husband
was even alive, his health didn’t allow him to
do much.”
On her movies which move her to tear, Mama
G said, “You want to know the one that
moved me to tears about my characters?
There are characters I’d played in movies and
after watching them back at home, I just
thanked God it wasn’t me- it was a
character.
Nearly all the movies where I played wicked
roles made me cry because I remember what
that character had done to somebody. I do
these jobs to the best of my knowledge
because I want to sit down at home, watch
and cry over what I’m doing to people.

There was a movie I did many years ago, it
was titled Prophecy- what moved me to
tears in that movie was that I was so wicked
that I seized feeding bottle from the mouth of
a new-born baby who lost his mother and I
was supposed to be taking care of the baby.
The baby was crying, I seized his feeding
bottle and threw it away. I wept profusely,
the director stopped shooting until I was able
to control myself. Then I summoned courage
to continue. If someone had done it in real
life, I would have exposed the fellow to the
world to see.
There was another one where I went to take
my sister’s daughter from the village, what I
did to the girl, if any human being can do it
to a fellow human being, I don’t know what
God would do to that person in turn.
I met her in the kitchen, beat her so much
that she fell down the stairs, rolled down and
died from broken head and pains all over. I’d
been playing wicked roles but those two
movies are exceptionally horrible. I doubt that
any human being would do that to anyone.”
In January 2016, Patience Ozokwor gave her
life to Christ and ever since she gave her life
to Christ, the actress has dumped her stage
name and other unrighteous lifestyles.

No comments:

Post a Comment